Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chapter XI: How I Dress is Not How I Am

A lot of people upon meeting me will notice how laid back and casual my appearance is. T-shirt, pair of jeans, baseball cap, white sneakers. That's how I'm usually dressed. The only reason I can give for it is because it's what I'm most comfortable in. Many people get thrown off, because I have such a serious look facial-wise most of the time. Truth is, while I do have a stone-face exterior look, I'm a complete wise-ass (sometimes a jack-ass, often times just an ass).

People that know me, or come to know me realize that I have a unique sense of humor, and an extremely different view of the world than pretty much anyone else they've met in their lives. While most people see the world in black-and-white or grayscale, I see the world in pure color. I see the sides of the stories that most people ignore. I'll argue a fact that might seem irrelivent to others, but yet is quite relevent. To some people, it's a put off. To those who get me, find it a fresh breath of air because they know they're getting a fresh perspective.

But back to the subject. Sure, I could go around wearing a suit and tie, looking like how I am in my lovely profile picture (which was taken as a joke to some friends), but to be honest I can't stand wearing a tie. I have a big, thick neck, and I don't really like having something closed around it. What I love about t-shirts is that they're loose around the neck. I can't stand long-sleeved shirts, so sweat shirts, hoodies and the real fancy dress shirts are out of the question.

Regardless, I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. While to some it may make me seem too laid back and unprofessional, just remember these words: Appearances are often deceiving.

I'm beyond unpredictable. Just when you think you've figured me up, I'll come at you from another direction.

You've been warned  :)

BMW

No comments:

Post a Comment